Friday, July 30, 2010


A few from the yashica from around five weeks back. We love summertime. And we love my brother.
Despite him being younger and a little shorter than me, I look up to him. I talked to him about the first photo and how it really inspired me; to possibly do a series about Marines after the war. I feel like this photo captures....something; I can't really place it but I guess for me it captures something a little more personal. A feeling of pride that my little brother is a Marine, a veteran and maintained secure forces through both tours while making Sgt rank in the process. You deserve that beer, devil dog.

Posted by Posted by Derek Riley at 8:04 PM
Categories:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and comments on Darren. Your pride in your brother is a good thing..
We all thank him for his service for our country.

Renee said...

Thank you Darren for serving! We prayed for your protection while you were gone and are so glad you came home safely and protected many while you were there.I know some days are still hard.Derek is proud of you and so are we.

Heather said...

aw good post. yes, he is a hero. and that first pic (and third) are really great of him. i like your film shots.

Anonymous said...

this was a fun day. great memories. glad you captured them with the yashica. i love that camera. and i can't even believe i was that huge. yowza. love you. and darren. and i'm very proud of him as well.

steph

Post a Comment