Tuesday, May 11, 2010


A few weeks ago, Steph and I were excited to take our '62 Pontiac Catalina out for a drive and try out my Super 8 video camera. We had an awesome afternoon. We were even more excited when we got the processed film in the mail. We had a feeling it turned out pretty good but we didn't have any idea the footage would strike such a chord with us...I think Steph said it best when she said, "this is us", after the first time we watched it.
See, we have been together for a good while now. Just us. And while we are both so excited about being parents, we know things are going to change. I would be lying if I said that didn't make me a little sad. I love our time. And while I realize this may be the last video of just us before the baby, it couldn't have been any more perfect; and I'm so glad I got on film. Times change, but our love won't
I've been anticipating Josh Ritter's new album for months and got the vinyl in the mail yesterday. But I got the song 'Change of Time' off of his website a few weeks ago and when I put it with this video....well, it just seemed to fit. I hope you enjoy.

Change of Time - Super 8 from Derek Henderson on Vimeo.


steph
bridge
ritter

Posted by Posted by Derek Riley at 1:07 AM
Categories:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am once again incredibly jealous. Seeing your work makes me wish I could be that good.

Renee said...

That was fantastic!I am loving the videos and you are so right-this is the two of you to a "T".I can't wait to see all your TIMES with you new little one.I am so glad Stephanie and you have each other and Baby H will have parents who love each other so much !

Grant Harrison said...

love the videos...
makes me want to get a super 8 as well...

Heather said...

i like josh ritter because of your suggestion a few weeks back. i love this video--very you guys--made me tear up. but i am 2/2 on crying during your videos on the new camera. love ya.

hunterhd said...

You are incredibly creative. That's an awesome video!

Sarah said...

I may or may not have gotten teary-eyed while watching this.

The Happy Hatch Family said...

love the video.....of course

JB said...

beautiful!

Post a Comment